NEW DELHI: A Lamborghini Urus, allegedly being driven at a high speed, rammed an auto on Chirag Dilli flyover on Sunday morning, leaving two people critically injured. While the car driver was detained, one of his friends was being questioned, police said.
One of the victims, a passenger in the auto, was identified as Prince Gautam (31), an engineer working with an airline. He lives in East of Kailash and was on his way to work. The auto driver, Shah Alam, was also admitted to a hospital and both were unfit to give a statement, police said.
The suspect, Rajbir Sardana, is a student at a foreign university and had come to Delhi on a holiday. One of his friends, Himanshu Batra (26), was being questioned. Three other occupants of the car have been sent notices by the cops. The police were yet to ascertain if he was drunk at wheel. His blood sample was collected and sent for examination, they said.
Inquiry revealed that the suspect, accompanied by four friends, was returning to his home in Panchsheel after a party in Nehru Place. “The car, being driven at a high speed, rammed a divider, damaging its front portion. It then hit the autorickshaw,” an officer said. A traffic policeman was at the spot and made a PCR call.
Cops registered a case of rash and negligent driving and causing grievous injuries. Police have seized the car and got it inspected by forensic officials. The accident took place at 7am. The cops had received a PCR call regarding a vehicle having hit an auto on the flyover. “A police team was rushed to the spot and found a Lamborghini and an auto in a damaged condition. The injured auto driver and the passenger had already been rushed to Max Hospital, Saket,” DCP (south) Chandan Chaudhary said. “The investigating officer received the MLC of both the injured persons. Further action is being initiated by a team, led by SHO Ritesh Sharma,” Chaudhary added. According to police, Sardana and his friends, Himanshu Batra, Akshit, Gauri and an unidentified person, were in the five-seater car at the time of the incident. “Three friends left the scene before the police arrived and two were taken for questioning,” an officer said.
Police are examining CCTV footage from the spot. The statement of both victims would be recorded separately and a chargesheet filed at the earliest, the official added. Gautam’s elder brother, Harsh, said the former had received head injuries. “Usually, he goes to office on a bike, but he took an autorickshaw because of the rain,” he said.
“My brother called to tell me that he had met with an accident. After that, his condition deteriorated and he is now in hospital,” Harsh said. Prince and Harsh had shifted to Delhi four years ago from their native place in MP. “My brother was recently promoted at his job,” he added.


By admin